Due to COVID, unfortunately all opened, used or gently used cosmetics are not applicable to be accepted.
Products must be still new in packaging to be dropped off at your local shelter or location of choice.
Here is confirmed list that will take used cosmetics:
1. Blur Makeup Room in Toronto: http://www.blurmakeuproom.com/ takes unused cosmetics to donate to local shelters and trade slightly used cosmetics with other makeup artists.
- 425 Queen St. West
Toronto ON M5V 2A5
(Queen & Spadina)
- Store Hours
If you are willing to ship to Toronto, feel free to contact me to drop off your donation and I will put it to good use! Preferably you contact the shelters first to see if they can take your donation as they can really use the help.
If they cannot and your items are in great condition but not unopened or new, I can give back your donation at my next charity event, give back to community, for lessons and clients open to using etc.
I cannot take anything that has a chance of contamination:
-Jars, shampoos, conditioners, tubes that are dipped back in, etc.
If you’re not sure, feel free to ask!
When was the last time you cleaned out your toiletries and cosmetics!? If it’s a bad reaction on your face then perhaps it’s time! (Good things will happen when you do something for yourself, I promise 😉 Keep reading to the bottom for a surprise!)
For the Spring clean up, I know it’s important to me that my space is clean and tidy.
I try to always update and clean my stash, but there are still some unused cosmetics laying around!
“You are the space you keep” – that still rings in my head realizing I have this clutter around, unable to use it all, so I started to look at places I could donate these cosmetics to.
Then I started to research and realize it’s hard to find places that accept gently used makeup. Almost no places accept it and only wish for new items. A lot of my products have been only swatched once and left in it’s original packaging!
As I started to look around, I see it is actually not publicized very well where these shelters are, for security reasons to keep the women in them safe, but a lot of people don’t know where they exist in the city too.
I kept researching and my heart sank more… the more I realize there are a lot of women in need. A lot of them don’t feel home is the safest place for them to be. They require a lot of help, from finding proper housing on their own, getting a job, having clothing that will help them get there, basically starting fresh again as if they just arrived to the city – brand new.
I can’t imagine how some have to go through that, living in the fear that whoever is abusing them will find them to hunt them down and make their lives unlivable.
However…I believe we all can make a difference this spring to the local communities. So I challenge you to at least donate 5 items laying around in your house to a local shelter.
Sometimes I believe that just showing up to make that donation will make all that difference in someone’s life that there are people out there that care and hope to make a difference in someone’s life that is in need.
– Finding that local shelter that will accept your items.
– See what else they accept to see what else you can package for someone, like spring birthday for someone.
– Make sure to also contact the shelter first to see if they require an appointment for security purposes
Step 2: Locations:
1. Interim Place:
See Wish List Here: http://www.interimplace.com/ways-to-give.html
For more information please call (905) 403-9691 ext. 2223 before coming for the address or
Personal Care Items (new items only in full or regular sizes, no sample sizes please)
Feminine care products
Diapers, diaper wipes, and diaper rash ointment & baby lotion
Tooth brushes & toothpaste Over the counter medications: Pain relief, cough & cold
Curling irons & hair straighteners
Hair care products
Black hair products
Skin care products (i.e.: bar & hand washing soaps)
Multi – vitamins and prenatal vitamins
Toilet paper & paper towels
Here’s what else I found in Toronto:
2. Covenant House: http://www.covenanthousetoronto.ca/homeless-youth/donate-items
Covenant House Toronto
(416) 598-4898, ext. 7085
Toiletries must be new. Travel-sizes are welcome. Please note, we have a greater need for men’s toiletries.
Deodorant, body spray
Disposable razors, shaving cream
3. Women’s Aide: http://www.womenaide.com/donations.html
14 Herne Hill
Tracey Cairns – Founder/Director
T: 416 236-5110
“For liability and personal hygiene reasons, all donated products MUST be unopened. We do NOT collect clothing, toys, household appliances, hotel toiletries or trial size products.
Diapers (any size)
Baby Food – Jars
4. Red Door Shelter: https://www.reddoorshelter.ca/kind-gift
Drop off Times
Monday through Friday- 9am to 5pm *Please note that you must call ahead to ensure that we are able to accept your donation: Denise Nishihiro at 416-915-5671 ext 234.
Drop off Location
21 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4M 2R6
“New Toiletries: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, baby wipes, diapers, feminine products.”
Other Shelters that list toiletries (not sure about cosmetics):
5. Interval House: https://intervalhouse.ca/take-action/kind-donations
For security reasons, we can only accept in-kind donations by appointment.
You can email email@example.com or call us at 416-924-1411 ext. 256 and let us know your name, contact information and the items you wish to donate. We will contact you to discuss further details.
131 Bloor Street West, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1R8
Interval House currently has a high need for:
Clothing for children 5+
Clothing for teenage boys
Women’s career clothing, especially: full suits (size 14 and over), full suits (size 4 and under),
dress shirts (sizes XL, XXL, XXXL), and closed-toe shoes (size 10 and higher)
Toiletries, including: shampoo, body wash, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste
Baby toiletries, including: baby wipes, baby body wash, baby shampoo”
6. North York Women’s Shelter: http://nyws.ca/how-you-can-help/wish-list/
1140 Sheppard Ave. West, Unit 2
North York, ON
“Toiletries and Self-Care
Feminine Hygiene products
Shampoo & Conditioner
7. Nellie’s Shelter: http://www.nellies.org/get-involved/donating-goods/
-Shampoo and Conditioner
– Tooth brushes
– Hair brushes
– Body lotion
– Shower curtains and liners
– Bedding (twin size)
– Gift Certificates (Target, Walmart, Movie Passes)
– TTC Tokens
– Food Vouchers (No Frills, Sobeys, President’s Choice)
Package your donation with your love.
– Opt to donate products in tubes, squeezable sanitary packaging.
– Jars can be easier to contaminate so it’s harder to share among a shelter of women.
– Make sure your products aren’t expired
– If you were running away from something abusive in your life, what do you believe you will appreciate? Try and donate something like that which you first thought of.
– Write a genuine note in the box/package you’re donating to the shelter. I’m sure even though you may never see this lady, or the group you’re donating to, I’m really sure they will feel your appreciation and care for them in such a tough time. This may boost their spirits to go out there in confidence that people will help them start again.
– Make a little wish for the people and the difference you wish to make this spring for yourself, and for the people you hope to affect.
– Watch the good that comes in your life in different areas. A magic coin may or may not appear, people may not treat you nicer, but know that EVERYTHING has a ripple effect. Your action that day has rippled a beautiful effect in something you wish for the world (your own world you live in).
– Know and truly believe that you deserve that type of love you just gave out too <3
For anyone that has donated something to a local shelter:
1. Take a picture of what you have donated
2. Post what you have donated here
and you will be invited to have a complimentary mini-makeover, courtesy of me helping you pay it forward. You deserve pampering too.
You can then go out there, shine, radiate with your beautiful self and be rewarded for making a positive difference with hoping to do so in the first place.
Ready, set go!